mountain rose long

Mountain Rose Herbs. A Herbs, Health & Harmony Com

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Game day quinoa

In order to stay on my healing diet, it has been important for me to stay organized. For the Super Bowl my fiancé and I are off to a friends house. In order to not be tempted by nachos and whatever other yummy things they may have, I decided to bring some equally yummy but vegan and healthy treats.
For this Super Bowl Sunday I made a quinoa salad and guacamole with brown rice crackers.

Ingredients:
2 cups dried quinoa
1/2" ginger root
1/4 cup almonds
1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
1/8 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 shredded carrot
1 celery stalk chopped

Preparation:
Cook quinoa as directed. In the meantime soak the almonds in the vinegar and olive oil.
Chop the onion, ginger and celery.
Crush the almonds.
Mix everything together and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear your tips and comments on having a beautiful healthy life!